Your qualified partners in providing credit to underserved and underbanked US Small Businesses and Residential Borrowers
Welcome to Equalize Capital
Equalize Capital is an SEC registered asset management company with investment strategies serving banks, credit unions, ESG investors, and others. Our mission is to create and manage funds and strategies that provide investment to underserved and underbanked small businesses and persons that benefits the well being of local communities.
We establish and manage funds that invest in deserving communities including SBA loans to small businesses, mortgage loans to minority and low-income individuals, and loans that are tied to U.S. Government lending and investment programs that promote community development, green power, and sustainable investment.
- Equalize Capital has the only U.S. mutual fund that focuses solely on community development loans including SBA 504 First Lien SBA loans, USDA Energy Infrastructure loans, and Bureau of Indian Affairs loans (the Equalize Community Development Fund)
- Equalize Capital has the only U.S. private fund (AHOMe) which focuses on increasing the availability of mortgages to deserving taxpayers with no defined residency status or a social security number through the origination and purchase of individual taxpayer identification number loans (ITIN loans)
Equalize Community Development Fund (EQCDX)
The Equalize Community Development Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end interval fund that invests primarily in the US Small Business Administration (“SBA”) 504 First Lien Loans. The Fund offers investors a path to claim favorable regulatory consideration of their investment under the Community Reinvestment Act through either investment or lending test credit.
The EQCDX Fund’s investment objectives are:
- To provide and expand access to bank loans for small, growing businesses who have challenges obtaining traditional bank loans and qualify for SBA programs
- To offer impactful ESG investment opportunities to investors across the US
- Designed to facilitate lending to minority owned businesses, women-owned businesses, veteran-owned businesses, and those in economic opportunity zones providing socially beneficial value
- To offer attractive dividend yields to investors in a CRA beneficial security
The American Home Opportunities Mortgage Fund (AHOMe)
The American Home Opportunities Mortgage Fund is a Fund designed for the needs of institutional investors seeking attractive yields from a portfolio of residential mortgage loans made to a deserving, yet underbanked community of borrowers. The Fund will buy and hold Individual Taxpayer Identification Number “ITIN” residential mortgages made to individual mortgage borrowers.
The AHOMe Fund’s investment objectives are:
- To provide current income from a pool of residential mortgage loans
- To maintain a well-diversified portfolio of loans to qualified borrowers
- To provide for low-income and/or minority credit where available
- To allow investors to benefit from owning residential ITIN loans in an attractive vehicle that offers economies of scale and quarterly liquidity
- To offer high levels of interest income to investors in a CRA beneficial security
Recent News & Publications
Fund Highlights: Equalize Community Development Fund and AHOMe Fund Both of Equalize Capital’s CRA [...]
The pace of SBA 504 loan originations continued to slow over the past month, but originations are [...]
Broadly speaking, a CRA investment fund is a bond or loan fund that invests in mortgage or [...]
Request Information or Speak To A Member of Our Fund Team
Equalize has an affiliation with Alden Investment Group, which consists of registered investment advisor and broker/dealer entities. Alden provides additional ties to the banking industry through the provision of equity research services focused on the banking industry and macroeconomic research, as well as a sales force of over a dozen individuals who focus on providing benefit solutions to banking companies.
Equalize maintains a service agreement with Live Oak Bancshares, and parent of Live Oak Bank (LOB), the owner of the previous advisor to the EQCDX Fund. LOB is the nation’s second largest SBA 7A lender, by volume. Another LOB affiliate is Government Loan Solutions (GLS), a leading sales, settlement and analytics company serving SBA 7A and SBA 504 lenders and investors.
The Equalize Community Development Fund is distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC which is not affiliated with Equalize Capital or any affiliate. Foreside is not a registered investment advisor and does not provide investment advice.